© St Albright’s Church, Stanway. Webmaster: The Rev. Tony Bushell
St ALBRIGHT’S CHURCHYARD RULES
1. Monuments in the churchyard may only be erected pursuant to the Headstone Regulations with the consent of the Priest in Charge (under the Diocesan Chancellor’s general direction) and after the appropriate fee has been paid.
2. Surrounds to graves, free standing pots or other containers or ornaments are not permitted. Grave sites should be made level with the surrounding grass.
3. Shrubs or other plants may not be planted on graves without the permission of the Parochial Church Council, (PCC).
4. Plastic flowers are not permitted in the churchyard.
5. Ornaments, toys, flashing lights, windmills, wind chimes etc,. and any other items that are deemed not to be in keeping within the natural environment are not permitted in the churchyard.
6. Any of the unauthorised items listed above and any unsightly or dead flowers will be removed.
7. The PCC may also take such action as is necessary to ensure the stability and safety of all churchyard memorials including the laying down or relocating of stone as appropriate, together with the removal of all embellishments that do not comply with the headstone regulations.
8. Commemorative trees may not be planted without permission from the Priest in Charge and the P.C.C.
9. All compostable waste material must be put within the area set aside for the purpose at the south end of the churchyard.
10. Non-compostable material must either be taken away or put in the dustbin or inside a plastic bag in the basket by the Church Lane gate.
11. Please close the gates after entry and exit to prevent stray animals entering the churchyard.
12. If accompanied by pets, please keep them under control.
N.B. There is a water stand pipe and watering can by the wall alongside the main road (London Road). Please ensure that the water tap is turned off and the watering can returned after use.